An Arizona animal rescue group has established a crowdfunding page in hopes of raising money to buy a new van to transport dogs.
An Arizona Small Dog Rescue (AZSDR) page on YouCaring.com is asking for donations in order to reach a $5,000 goal.
As of Sunday afternoon, more than 60 people had contributed a total of more than $1,200 — with the page set to expire in four days.
The group isn’t looking for anything elaborate — such as a “Mutt Cutts” van as seen in “Dumb & Dumber” — but for a reliable vehicle that can take unwanted dogs out of homes and shelters to the AZSDR facilities.
The following explanation is written on the crowdfunding page:
AZSDR has a van that has been faithful for many years, but now (it) is on her last days. We need to buy a cargo van that will not break down in the summer; we broke down two times last summer in the dead heat and had to wait on triple A.
The group also mentions that is isn’t necessarily looking for large donations only.
We are hoping that MANY will rise to the occasion and donate just $1 towards the van…but that $1 will add up so fast that the dogs at AZSDR will have a great running van in no time.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon