PHOENIX — You may be paying more at the pump, but you’ll now pay less for emissions testing, the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality said Friday.
“We’re reducing the fee from $27.75 to a flat $20,” said Trevor Baggiore with ADEQ. “It will impact more than a million motorists in the Phoenix testing area.”
The fee is being reduced for cars and light trucks newer than 1981.
Baggiore said ADEQ is also going to give drivers who fail an emissions test because of a gas cap a free one to alleviate stressful situations.
“We have a slightly more stringent testing program for gas caps when you go into the station,” he said. “There’s nothing more frustrating than thinking you’re going to pass because your check engine light is off and yet failing for a gas cap.
“This is a way to try to relieve some of that frustration and it’s actually much more convenient for the motorist.”
The changes will go into effect July 1.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development