PHOENIX — You may be paying more at the pump, but you’ll now pay less for emissions testing, the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality said Friday.
“We’re reducing the fee from $27.75 to a flat $20,” said Trevor Baggiore with ADEQ. “It will impact more than a million motorists in the Phoenix testing area.”
The fee is being reduced for cars and light trucks newer than 1981.
Baggiore said ADEQ is also going to give drivers who fail an emissions test because of a gas cap a free one to alleviate stressful situations.
“We have a slightly more stringent testing program for gas caps when you go into the station,” he said. “There’s nothing more frustrating than thinking you’re going to pass because your check engine light is off and yet failing for a gas cap.
“This is a way to try to relieve some of that frustration and it’s actually much more convenient for the motorist.”
The changes will go into effect July 1.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets