PHOENIX — A traffic stop turned into a potentially life-threatening situation for two Phoenix police officers when they were shot at early Friday morning.
The officers had pulled over a vehicle around 1:30 a.m. at Buckeye Road and 35th Avenue after a six-block tail. Two men jumped out of the car, one of whom was wearing an “anonymous” mask and a black wig. He fired several rounds at the officers. Neither officer was injured. The two men in the car escaped.
A woman driving the car was taken into custody.
“We conducted a search of the area with K-9’s and the air unit and we haven’t found them yet,” Lt. Gabe Lopez said.
He said officers did not fire their weapons because the suspect ran between big rigs.
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee