PHOENIX — A traffic stop turned into a potentially life-threatening situation for two Phoenix police officers when they were shot at early Friday morning.
The officers had pulled over a vehicle around 1:30 a.m. at Buckeye Road and 35th Avenue after a six-block tail. Two men jumped out of the car, one of whom was wearing an “anonymous” mask and a black wig. He fired several rounds at the officers. Neither officer was injured. The two men in the car escaped.
A woman driving the car was taken into custody.
“We conducted a search of the area with K-9’s and the air unit and we haven’t found them yet,” Lt. Gabe Lopez said.
He said officers did not fire their weapons because the suspect ran between big rigs.
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever