Lois Lewis is a seasoned traveler. She’s a record promoter for Republic-Nashville.
Lewis lives in Tempe and is up and down the West Coast all the time meeting with and schmoozing radio station executives for the country artists who depend on her to get their music out there. Artists like Florida Georgia Line, The Band Perry, and Cassadee Pope from “The Voice.” She lives with her cell phone glued to one hand while hauling her carry-on and laptop with the other.
Lewis has made more than 300 flights over the past five years so she knows the ins and outs of getting there with the least amount of trouble. She follows the rules and generally tries to make things easy for herself and everyone else involved.
Until this week, that is. This week, a two-ounce bottle of Jimmy Choo perfume stopped her in her tracks at Sky Harbor, got the TSA in an uproar and got her blacklisted!
Lewis says she always packs her small perfume bottle in a separate plastic baggie from the other right-sized carry-on toiletries, and she always pulls them out and has them ready to go at the security checkpoint. But this time was different, as Lewis explains what happened after her perfume bottle went through the X-ray machine.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food