Lois Lewis is a seasoned traveler. She’s a record promoter for Republic-Nashville.
Lewis lives in Tempe and is up and down the West Coast all the time meeting with and schmoozing radio station executives for the country artists who depend on her to get their music out there. Artists like Florida Georgia Line, The Band Perry, and Cassadee Pope from “The Voice.” She lives with her cell phone glued to one hand while hauling her carry-on and laptop with the other.
Lewis has made more than 300 flights over the past five years so she knows the ins and outs of getting there with the least amount of trouble. She follows the rules and generally tries to make things easy for herself and everyone else involved.
Until this week, that is. This week, a two-ounce bottle of Jimmy Choo perfume stopped her in her tracks at Sky Harbor, got the TSA in an uproar and got her blacklisted!
Lewis says she always packs her small perfume bottle in a separate plastic baggie from the other right-sized carry-on toiletries, and she always pulls them out and has them ready to go at the security checkpoint. But this time was different, as Lewis explains what happened after her perfume bottle went through the X-ray machine.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.