Lois Lewis is a seasoned traveler. She’s a record promoter for Republic-Nashville.
Lewis lives in Tempe and is up and down the West Coast all the time meeting with and schmoozing radio station executives for the country artists who depend on her to get their music out there. Artists like Florida Georgia Line, The Band Perry, and Cassadee Pope from “The Voice.” She lives with her cell phone glued to one hand while hauling her carry-on and laptop with the other.
Lewis has made more than 300 flights over the past five years so she knows the ins and outs of getting there with the least amount of trouble. She follows the rules and generally tries to make things easy for herself and everyone else involved.
Until this week, that is. This week, a two-ounce bottle of Jimmy Choo perfume stopped her in her tracks at Sky Harbor, got the TSA in an uproar and got her blacklisted!
Lewis says she always packs her small perfume bottle in a separate plastic baggie from the other right-sized carry-on toiletries, and she always pulls them out and has them ready to go at the security checkpoint. But this time was different, as Lewis explains what happened after her perfume bottle went through the X-ray machine.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development