PHOENIX — The Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry chief Glenn Hamer released a statement on Gov. Jan Brewer’s announcement that she will not seek re-election:
“We want to commend Gov. Brewer for her many years of dedicated service to Arizona.
“Throughout her tenure as governor she has proven time and again that doing the right thing is seldom easy.
“Her steady leadership through the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression positioned Arizona to be on the leading edge nationwide of job creation.
“From economic development to healthcare to education, she has left an indelible mark on our state for which we are all grateful.
“The governor will be missed, but she will leave office as the undisputed, undefeated heavyweight champ of Arizona politics.
“On a personal note, I value her friendship deeply. Though she might not always be governor, I know she will always be a friend.”
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.