PHOENIX — The Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry chief Glenn Hamer released a statement on Gov. Jan Brewer’s announcement that she will not seek re-election:
“We want to commend Gov. Brewer for her many years of dedicated service to Arizona.
“Throughout her tenure as governor she has proven time and again that doing the right thing is seldom easy.
“Her steady leadership through the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression positioned Arizona to be on the leading edge nationwide of job creation.
“From economic development to healthcare to education, she has left an indelible mark on our state for which we are all grateful.
“The governor will be missed, but she will leave office as the undisputed, undefeated heavyweight champ of Arizona politics.
“On a personal note, I value her friendship deeply. Though she might not always be governor, I know she will always be a friend.”
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon