SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — There may be some changes going on in the Valley’s real estate market.
Valley home values and prices have either leveled off or dropped slightly in the past two months. Mortgage and real estate expert Dean Wegner said a rise in interest rates and fear about Obamacare led to the declines.
But now, it appears that things may be back on the way up.
“We have seen a huge uptick in the last two weeks,” Wegner said. “It’s just been a scurry of people buying houses, so I think the (downward trend of the previous two months) is going to reverse going into the second quarter of 2014.”
Wegner said a decline in interest rates two weeks ago and a decline in the unemployment rate has led to the frenzy.
“Open houses are extremely busy right now,” said Wegner. “People are looking at houses left and right. I just had one that had five offers in the same day.”
Wegner is affiliated with Guaranteed Rate Mortgage and said the company is busy.
“Two contracts yesterday, two contracts today, five contracts last week,” he said. “There was a time in December that you would see maybe two contracts in 30 days.”
Wegner said that other reasons for the bump may include the nice weather in the Valley. Visitors who are in the state for the winter or for spring training may be falling in love with the Valley and buying a home here.
He also believes that many people who lost a home during the recession are now jumping back into the home buying market.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life