PHOENIX — Chefs from 13 of the Valley’s most popular restaurants accepted a challenge to turn Girl Scout cookies into fancy desserts.
“Now we’re announcing the Grand Champions, which were based on the most desserts sold,” said Heather Thornton with Girl Scouts Arizona Cactus-Pine.
Each chef was randomly given a Girl Scout cookie flavor and then allowed the month of February to sell his or her version of the dessert.
The judges were Girl Scouts who tried some of the restaurants’ concoctions, submitted reviews and were selected to be on the panel.
One of the judges, 8-year-old Natalie Mendoza, gave her professional evaluation of Mesa restaurant TQLA’s Tagalong tiramisu.
“That one was really delicious to me, it was a creamy…flavor was really good, and the mix of stuff,” she said.
But the final winners, among others, were Olive & Ivy with Most Desserts Sold and Beckett’s Table with Most Donated Money.
A portion of the proceeds will go to renovating the Girl Scouts’ Camp Sombrero into a leadership center for girls and women.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier