PHOENIX — Chefs from 13 of the Valley’s most popular restaurants accepted a challenge to turn Girl Scout cookies into fancy desserts.
“Now we’re announcing the Grand Champions, which were based on the most desserts sold,” said Heather Thornton with Girl Scouts Arizona Cactus-Pine.
Each chef was randomly given a Girl Scout cookie flavor and then allowed the month of February to sell his or her version of the dessert.
The judges were Girl Scouts who tried some of the restaurants’ concoctions, submitted reviews and were selected to be on the panel.
One of the judges, 8-year-old Natalie Mendoza, gave her professional evaluation of Mesa restaurant TQLA’s Tagalong tiramisu.
“That one was really delicious to me, it was a creamy…flavor was really good, and the mix of stuff,” she said.
But the final winners, among others, were Olive & Ivy with Most Desserts Sold and Beckett’s Table with Most Donated Money.
A portion of the proceeds will go to renovating the Girl Scouts’ Camp Sombrero into a leadership center for girls and women.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy