PHOENIX — Chefs from 13 of the Valley’s most popular restaurants accepted a challenge to turn Girl Scout cookies into fancy desserts.
“Now we’re announcing the Grand Champions, which were based on the most desserts sold,” said Heather Thornton with Girl Scouts Arizona Cactus-Pine.
Each chef was randomly given a Girl Scout cookie flavor and then allowed the month of February to sell his or her version of the dessert.
The judges were Girl Scouts who tried some of the restaurants’ concoctions, submitted reviews and were selected to be on the panel.
One of the judges, 8-year-old Natalie Mendoza, gave her professional evaluation of Mesa restaurant TQLA’s Tagalong tiramisu.
“That one was really delicious to me, it was a creamy…flavor was really good, and the mix of stuff,” she said.
But the final winners, among others, were Olive & Ivy with Most Desserts Sold and Beckett’s Table with Most Donated Money.
A portion of the proceeds will go to renovating the Girl Scouts’ Camp Sombrero into a leadership center for girls and women.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night