PHOENIX — Chefs from 13 of the Valley’s most popular restaurants accepted a challenge to turn Girl Scout cookies into fancy desserts.
“Now we’re announcing the Grand Champions, which were based on the most desserts sold,” said Heather Thornton with Girl Scouts Arizona Cactus-Pine.
Each chef was randomly given a Girl Scout cookie flavor and then allowed the month of February to sell his or her version of the dessert.
The judges were Girl Scouts who tried some of the restaurants’ concoctions, submitted reviews and were selected to be on the panel.
One of the judges, 8-year-old Natalie Mendoza, gave her professional evaluation of Mesa restaurant TQLA’s Tagalong tiramisu.
“That one was really delicious to me, it was a creamy…flavor was really good, and the mix of stuff,” she said.
But the final winners, among others, were Olive & Ivy with Most Desserts Sold and Beckett’s Table with Most Donated Money.
A portion of the proceeds will go to renovating the Girl Scouts’ Camp Sombrero into a leadership center for girls and women.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development