PHOENIX — A new partnership between the University of Arizona and Tucson schools will benefit children with asthma, the program’s director said.
“One of the major issues in children that have asthma is getting them to adhere to their daily medication regiment,” said Dr. Lynn Gerald. “There’s lots of reasons people aren’t able to do this.”
Gerald said the program was put in place not only to maintain treatment, but also to provide asthma assistance at no cost. Medical costs for children with asthma are normally double than a child without.
“We are actually just now beginning to enroll children and so far the response has been great from parents,” she said. “Previously, parents have told us that they’re very happy to have the schools involved.”
In a release, UA said the program will be implemented in 16 schools during the 2014-2015 year.
The SAMS program is supported by the American Lung Association.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development