PHOENIX — A new partnership between the University of Arizona and Tucson schools will benefit children with asthma, the program’s director said.
“One of the major issues in children that have asthma is getting them to adhere to their daily medication regiment,” said Dr. Lynn Gerald. “There’s lots of reasons people aren’t able to do this.”
Gerald said the program was put in place not only to maintain treatment, but also to provide asthma assistance at no cost. Medical costs for children with asthma are normally double than a child without.
“We are actually just now beginning to enroll children and so far the response has been great from parents,” she said. “Previously, parents have told us that they’re very happy to have the schools involved.”
In a release, UA said the program will be implemented in 16 schools during the 2014-2015 year.
The SAMS program is supported by the American Lung Association.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food