PHOENIX — The City of Scottsdale is offering a helping hand to its businesses.
Bob Tunis, of the city’s economic development department, said their “SizeUp” tool allows local companies to access important advertising, cost of business and demographic data for free.
“You can put your address in and it will show you the actual population within an area as small as a quarter of a mile from your area, what the average income is, what the age distribution,” Tunis said.
Tunis said that 80 percent of a city’s job growth comes from existing companies.
“For example, you need to hire another five people or you’re having a problem in finding employees,” Tunis explained. “You want to know [if] your salaries are competitive with other companies in the same business in the area. This will tell you exactly where your salaries rank among all the other companies in Scottsdale.”
SizeUp is the only tool of its kind in Arizona, Tunis added.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon