PHOENIX — Arizona continues to make a “foodie” name for itself.
Chef Aaron Chamberlin, owner of two Phoenix restaurants — St. Francis on Camelback Road and Phoenix Public Market Cafe in downtown — is one of four chefs in the running for Chef of the Year. The award is just one of the categories in the 23rd Arizona Culinary Hall of Fame Awards, which will be handed out April 13 during the Scottsdale Culinary Festival.
Chamberlin said shows like “Iron Chef” and “Chopped” are not really what he’s about, but “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives” did stop by once, he told Bob McClay and Becky Lynn on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Arizona’s Morning News Weekend show.
Chamberlin also said that of all the interesting things that have happened behind the kitchen door, having his grandmother cook in the kitchen of a restaurant he owns before she died is one of the most memorable experiences of his career.
The complete list of Culinary Hall of Fame nominees is on the web at Scottsdale Fest and the public is invited to cast a vote through Monday, March 17.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night