PHOENIX — Arizona continues to make a “foodie” name for itself.
Chef Aaron Chamberlin, owner of two Phoenix restaurants — St. Francis on Camelback Road and Phoenix Public Market Cafe in downtown — is one of four chefs in the running for Chef of the Year. The award is just one of the categories in the 23rd Arizona Culinary Hall of Fame Awards, which will be handed out April 13 during the Scottsdale Culinary Festival.
Chamberlin said shows like “Iron Chef” and “Chopped” are not really what he’s about, but “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives” did stop by once, he told Bob McClay and Becky Lynn on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Arizona’s Morning News Weekend show.
Chamberlin also said that of all the interesting things that have happened behind the kitchen door, having his grandmother cook in the kitchen of a restaurant he owns before she died is one of the most memorable experiences of his career.
The complete list of Culinary Hall of Fame nominees is on the web at Scottsdale Fest and the public is invited to cast a vote through Monday, March 17.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development