PHOENIX — Arizona continues to make a “foodie” name for itself.
Chef Aaron Chamberlin, owner of two Phoenix restaurants — St. Francis on Camelback Road and Phoenix Public Market Cafe in downtown — is one of four chefs in the running for Chef of the Year. The award is just one of the categories in the 23rd Arizona Culinary Hall of Fame Awards, which will be handed out April 13 during the Scottsdale Culinary Festival.
Chamberlin said shows like “Iron Chef” and “Chopped” are not really what he’s about, but “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives” did stop by once, he told Bob McClay and Becky Lynn on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Arizona’s Morning News Weekend show.
Chamberlin also said that of all the interesting things that have happened behind the kitchen door, having his grandmother cook in the kitchen of a restaurant he owns before she died is one of the most memorable experiences of his career.
The complete list of Culinary Hall of Fame nominees is on the web at Scottsdale Fest and the public is invited to cast a vote through Monday, March 17.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier