PHOENIX — Arizona continues to make a “foodie” name for itself.
Chef Aaron Chamberlin, owner of two Phoenix restaurants — St. Francis on Camelback Road and Phoenix Public Market Cafe in downtown — is one of four chefs in the running for Chef of the Year. The award is just one of the categories in the 23rd Arizona Culinary Hall of Fame Awards, which will be handed out April 13 during the Scottsdale Culinary Festival.
Chamberlin said shows like “Iron Chef” and “Chopped” are not really what he’s about, but “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives” did stop by once, he told Bob McClay and Becky Lynn on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Arizona’s Morning News Weekend show.
Chamberlin also said that of all the interesting things that have happened behind the kitchen door, having his grandmother cook in the kitchen of a restaurant he owns before she died is one of the most memorable experiences of his career.
The complete list of Culinary Hall of Fame nominees is on the web at Scottsdale Fest and the public is invited to cast a vote through Monday, March 17.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food