PHOENIX — A gun used by a Phoenix teen to kill his ex-girlfriend and then himself, belonged to his older brother.
“It (the gun) was legally possessed and in fact, [it] was in a locked bedroom,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Tommy Thompson. “It appears that [the boy] broke a window to break into that room from the outside to take that gun.”
Phoenix police said they responded to a 911 call of a shooting around noon
Friday at a house near 39th Drive and Happy Valley Road. Witnesses saw the boy, 15, chase the girl, 16, heard a shot and a friend of the couple saw the boy take his own life.
Police say it’s still unclear what set the boy off. Both victims were students at Sandra Day O’Connor High School.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy