PHOENIX — A gun used by a Phoenix teen to kill his ex-girlfriend and then himself, belonged to his older brother.
“It (the gun) was legally possessed and in fact, [it] was in a locked bedroom,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Tommy Thompson. “It appears that [the boy] broke a window to break into that room from the outside to take that gun.”
Phoenix police said they responded to a 911 call of a shooting around noon
Friday at a house near 39th Drive and Happy Valley Road. Witnesses saw the boy, 15, chase the girl, 16, heard a shot and a friend of the couple saw the boy take his own life.
Police say it’s still unclear what set the boy off. Both victims were students at Sandra Day O’Connor High School.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development