PHOENIX — An Coolidge, Ariz. city employee was arrested Thursday on suspicion of molesting the child of a family friend for 10 years.
The unidentified victim, who is now 19, said Luis Ramirez began molesting her when she was 9 years old. The girl said she never told anyone because she did not feel that anyone would believe her.
“Victims of sex crimes often don’t come forward out of shame, fear and because they don’t feel anybody would believe them,” Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu said in a press release.
The girl alleged Ramirez attempted to initiate inappropriate contact as early as February.
Ramirez was charged with child molestation, sexual abuse and sexual conduct with a minor. He has admitted to some of the allegations.
Babeu said he was proud of the victim for coming forward.
KTAR’s Martha Maurer contributed to this report.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon