PHOENIX — A Scottsdale, Ariz. medical student wants to change the world and help people heal using various means of play.
“It’s something I’ve always dreamed of doing,” said Serop Sayadian, founder of Playing to Heal. “It’s somewhat of a calling. You don’t have to be a doctor to heal someone. There’s physical healing, spiritual healing and emotional healing.”
The non-profit organization was created to inspire people to use their talents to bring joy into the lives of the sick or needy.
“I think people have an innate desire to give back and help. I believe we all get satisfaction from it,” said Sayadian.
He and others are planning a tour of the west coast to share his personal love of music with orphans.
Playing to Heal, still in its infancy, is looking for anyone with an interest, be it in sports, music, art or just about anything creative to spread its message.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier