PHOENIX — A Scottsdale, Ariz. medical student wants to change the world and help people heal using various means of play.
“It’s something I’ve always dreamed of doing,” said Serop Sayadian, founder of Playing to Heal. “It’s somewhat of a calling. You don’t have to be a doctor to heal someone. There’s physical healing, spiritual healing and emotional healing.”
The non-profit organization was created to inspire people to use their talents to bring joy into the lives of the sick or needy.
“I think people have an innate desire to give back and help. I believe we all get satisfaction from it,” said Sayadian.
He and others are planning a tour of the west coast to share his personal love of music with orphans.
Playing to Heal, still in its infancy, is looking for anyone with an interest, be it in sports, music, art or just about anything creative to spread its message.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development