PHOENIX — Arizona Sen. John McCain is the least popular senator in the nation, a poll said.
The results from Public Policy Polling said only 30 percent approve of McCain’s work, compared to 54 percent who disapprove.
Nationwide, the dislike is also spread across all parties. Twenty-nine percent of Democrats approve of McCain while 53 percent disapprove while 22 percent of Independents approve and 55 percent disapprove. In his own party, 35 percent approve and 44 percent disapprove.
The poll also said McCain would face a tough run for reelection, should he opt to run for another term.
McCain’s spokesman, Brian Rogers, released a statement late Thursday alleging Public Policy Polling may have a political agenda.
“This poll was conducted by a firm with well-known ties to the Democratic Party,” the statement read. “Its results are strongly contradicted by recent public and private polling, and Senator McCain is confident that he’s earned the respect and confidence of the people of Arizona.”
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments