PHOENIX — Arizona Sen. John McCain is the least popular senator in the nation, a poll said.
The results from Public Policy Polling said only 30 percent approve of McCain’s work, compared to 54 percent who disapprove.
Nationwide, the dislike is also spread across all parties. Twenty-nine percent of Democrats approve of McCain while 53 percent disapprove while 22 percent of Independents approve and 55 percent disapprove. In his own party, 35 percent approve and 44 percent disapprove.
The poll also said McCain would face a tough run for reelection, should he opt to run for another term.
McCain’s spokesman, Brian Rogers, released a statement late Thursday alleging Public Policy Polling may have a political agenda.
“This poll was conducted by a firm with well-known ties to the Democratic Party,” the statement read. “Its results are strongly contradicted by recent public and private polling, and Senator McCain is confident that he’s earned the respect and confidence of the people of Arizona.”
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night