PHOENIX — Arizona Sen. John McCain is the least popular senator in the nation, a poll said.
The results from Public Policy Polling said only 30 percent approve of McCain’s work, compared to 54 percent who disapprove.
Nationwide, the dislike is also spread across all parties. Twenty-nine percent of Democrats approve of McCain while 53 percent disapprove while 22 percent of Independents approve and 55 percent disapprove. In his own party, 35 percent approve and 44 percent disapprove.
The poll also said McCain would face a tough run for reelection, should he opt to run for another term.
McCain’s spokesman, Brian Rogers, released a statement late Thursday alleging Public Policy Polling may have a political agenda.
“This poll was conducted by a firm with well-known ties to the Democratic Party,” the statement read. “Its results are strongly contradicted by recent public and private polling, and Senator McCain is confident that he’s earned the respect and confidence of the people of Arizona.”
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl