PHOENIX — Rare documents and photos from the investigation into the assassination of former President John F. Kennedy will be auctioned Thursday night in Scottsdale, Ariz.
The auction features original crime scene photography and research from the estate of Cecil Kirk, formerly of the Scottsdale Police Department. Kirk worked for more than 20 years with the Washington, D.C. Metro Police where he served as a crime scene unit supervisor before joining the Scottsdale Police Department in 1980.
Josh Levine, owner of J. Levine Auction & Appraisal, said the auction will include several dozen photos and documents relating to the JFK criminal investigation.
“My phone is ringing off the hook from all over the world with people wanting to bid and buy,” he said. “They’re asking how to value this? We have no idea because nothing like this has ever come up for auction.”
And this auction almost never happened.
“The documents and photos were in bins in Scottsdale to be put out in the trash,” he said. “When we were cleaning out Kirk’s estate we saved them.”
Levine said Kirk came to Scottsdale in 1980 to help update the Scottsdale Police Department’s forensics capabilities after the Bob Crane murder case. Crane was the star of the popular television sitcom “Hogan’s Heroes” and was found murdered at his Scottsdale apartment in 1978.
For more information, visit jlevines.com or call (480) 496-2212.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development