PHOENIX — The city of Prescott was given a flag Wednesday that flew over Afghanistan while Operation Enduring Freedom was on-going.
“They fly them over Afghanistan and places of war and they give them to cities like Prescott, really to honor the men who have given the sacrifice in the fight of terrorism,” said Pete Wertheim with the city.
The flag was a gift to the city from Air Force Staff Sgt. Daryl Gladstein, who is also a Prescott police officer. Wertheim said the flag serves as both motivation and a reminder for the city.
“It further strengthens our resolve and support to remember the courage and the sacrifice of the men and women of our community have given on our behalf,” said Pete Wertheim with the city. “It’s a reminder that we’re still in Afghanistan and there’s still work to be done.”
The flag flew over Afghanistan on Oct. 11, 2013.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development