PHOENIX — The city of Prescott was given a flag Wednesday that flew over Afghanistan while Operation Enduring Freedom was on-going.
“They fly them over Afghanistan and places of war and they give them to cities like Prescott, really to honor the men who have given the sacrifice in the fight of terrorism,” said Pete Wertheim with the city.
The flag was a gift to the city from Air Force Staff Sgt. Daryl Gladstein, who is also a Prescott police officer. Wertheim said the flag serves as both motivation and a reminder for the city.
“It further strengthens our resolve and support to remember the courage and the sacrifice of the men and women of our community have given on our behalf,” said Pete Wertheim with the city. “It’s a reminder that we’re still in Afghanistan and there’s still work to be done.”
The flag flew over Afghanistan on Oct. 11, 2013.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy