PHOENIX — The city of Prescott was given a flag Wednesday that flew over Afghanistan while Operation Enduring Freedom was on-going.
“They fly them over Afghanistan and places of war and they give them to cities like Prescott, really to honor the men who have given the sacrifice in the fight of terrorism,” said Pete Wertheim with the city.
The flag was a gift to the city from Air Force Staff Sgt. Daryl Gladstein, who is also a Prescott police officer. Wertheim said the flag serves as both motivation and a reminder for the city.
“It further strengthens our resolve and support to remember the courage and the sacrifice of the men and women of our community have given on our behalf,” said Pete Wertheim with the city. “It’s a reminder that we’re still in Afghanistan and there’s still work to be done.”
The flag flew over Afghanistan on Oct. 11, 2013.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments