PHOENIX — Former Phoenix Mayor Terry Goddard said he was filing papers Thursday to officially run for Arizona Secretary of State.
Goddard, 67, who also spent two terms as State Attorney General, said in a statement, “… I am running so I can help restore Arizona to be the nationally respected, innovative and moderate state it has been for most of its 102 years.” He pointed to the recent controversial anti-gay SB 1062 and a house bill related to voter rights.
The Democratic candidate ran for governor in 2010, losing out to Jan Brewer. He was mayor of Phoenix from 1984-1990.
The campaign will formally kick off Friday evening in downtown Phoenix.
Other declared candidates include Sen. Michele Reagan and Arizona Rep. Justin Pierce, both Republicans.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon