March 31 is the deadline. Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius was in Arizona to encourage people to sign up for Affordable Care.
“A lot of people think health insurance might not be affordable,” Sebelius said. “And what we’re asking people to do is check it out.”
A 27-year-old for example, earning $25,000, can find a plan for a little as $123 a month, she said.
“My guess is she won’t be able to find a cell phone bill for that, or a cable package for that,” she said. “But she can get full comprehensive coverage if it’s not provided in her worksite.”
If the deadline is missed, those interested in enrolling will have to wait to the end of the year, and coverage won’t begin until 2015.
“In Arizona, nearly 950,000,000 people throughout the state are uninsured and eligible for new coverage,” she said.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food