March 31 is the deadline. Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius was in Arizona to encourage people to sign up for Affordable Care.
“A lot of people think health insurance might not be affordable,” Sebelius said. “And what we’re asking people to do is check it out.”
A 27-year-old for example, earning $25,000, can find a plan for a little as $123 a month, she said.
“My guess is she won’t be able to find a cell phone bill for that, or a cable package for that,” she said. “But she can get full comprehensive coverage if it’s not provided in her worksite.”
If the deadline is missed, those interested in enrolling will have to wait to the end of the year, and coverage won’t begin until 2015.
“In Arizona, nearly 950,000,000 people throughout the state are uninsured and eligible for new coverage,” she said.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development