Police in Mesa are searching for a suspect who is thought to have been involved in a rash of indecent exposure incidents ranging from January 2012 to February 2014.
According to police, the suspect was investigated in an attempted sexual assault in west Mesa in January 2012. During the incident, the suspect allegedly gained access to the apartment of a female victim, where he exposed himself but fled before completing the assault.
Since that occurrence, the man — described by Mesa police as a thin black male in his early 20s — could have been involved in similar incidents, with several reports of a male suspect exposing himself and masturbating in front of women in apartment complexes in the same area.
“The problem that you have with that is obviously that also can lead to someone breaking in, (resulting) in a sexual assault type of situation,” Mesa Police Department media relations detective Steve Berry told KTAR on Wednesday.
A release sent out Wednesday by the department details how detectives have been working to identify a suspect, but they’re now turning to the public for help.
“It’s certainly a serious type of crime and someone that we would like to find and get into custody.”
Two of the victims of the suspect’s indecent exposures volunteered information about the man to assist in the construction of composite pictures. In addition to his ethnicity, age and build, police believe the man to be between 5-foot-8 and 6-foot-2 with dark curly hair.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Mesa Police Department at 480-644-2211 or Silent Witness at 480-Witness.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development