PHOENIX — Two men are in custody and a third is sought after police
interrupted a break-in of a central Phoenix gun shop Monday morning.
Sgt. Trent Crump says officers who arrived at the scene found an open door at a
vacant business next door to the gun shop and a hole in the wall between the
Crump says one suspect fired a handgun as he ran away after being confronted by
police and that an officer fired at him when he pointed a gun at the officer.
Crump says nobody was shot but that the suspect has a cut on his hand after he
fell to the ground when the officer fired at him.
Traffic was stopped between Camelback and Missouri roads on 19th Avenue for a couple of hours but have since been re-opened.
As of 7 a.m. police had conducted the residential search and all side streets were re-opened.
The residential area search on 19th Ave. (OIS) is complete, side streets are open. Clearing the gun store and adjacent buildings now.
— Phoenix Police (@phoenixpolice) March 3, 2014
The light rail was also affected, with passengers being asked to get off and a bus will take them to the next station.
By 8 a.m. it was back to running on its normal schedule.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life