PHOENIX — Two men are in custody and a third is sought after police
interrupted a break-in of a central Phoenix gun shop Monday morning.
Sgt. Trent Crump says officers who arrived at the scene found an open door at a
vacant business next door to the gun shop and a hole in the wall between the
Crump says one suspect fired a handgun as he ran away after being confronted by
police and that an officer fired at him when he pointed a gun at the officer.
Crump says nobody was shot but that the suspect has a cut on his hand after he
fell to the ground when the officer fired at him.
Traffic was stopped between Camelback and Missouri roads on 19th Avenue for a couple of hours but have since been re-opened.
As of 7 a.m. police had conducted the residential search and all side streets were re-opened.
The residential area search on 19th Ave. (OIS) is complete, side streets are open. Clearing the gun store and adjacent buildings now.
— Phoenix Police (@phoenixpolice) March 3, 2014
The light rail was also affected, with passengers being asked to get off and a bus will take them to the next station.
By 8 a.m. it was back to running on its normal schedule.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night