PHOENIX — Scottsdale was abuzz with Biden on Friday.
Vice President Joe Biden visited the city to discuss health care sign-up efforts with officials and advocates, according to AZFamily.
The meeting took place during the breakfast rush at Butterfield’s Pancake House and Restaurant.
Upon his departure, Biden spoke with people outside the restaurant, including a young woman named Jackie. He told her about the importance and ease of signing up and encouraged her to do so, even if it was only to give her parents “peace of mind.”
Jackie, however, was visiting Scottsdale from Canada, a country where they already have universal health care.
“He’s for it, I’m for it, and I hope it works out here,” Jackie said.
Biden was in town for a scheduled Democratic Party fundraiser at the Westin Kierland Resort in Scottsdale.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon