PHOENIX — The head of the Arizona Multihousing Association announced Thursday a targeted effort to get more people signed up for health insurance under the Affordable Healthcare Act.
“Forty-five percent of all the people who reside in this state live in an apartment. That’s a lot of people,” said Tom Simplot, the organization’s president and CEO.
The AMA has partnered with Blue Cross Blue Shield and will kick off an aggressive marketing campaign to education residents of apartment communities across the county.
“They’ve always said the actuarial numbers depend upon the younger generations and healthy individuals to buy insurance to offset those who are sick,” said Simplot. “So, where do you go? Do you go to the hospitals to sign people up or do you go where they live?”
New and existing residents will receive educational materials, informative literature will be disseminated throughout communities and residents will have access to an exchange portal on the AMA website starting March 6, along with a toll-free number for expert assistance.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development