PHOENIX — The head of the Arizona Multihousing Association announced Thursday a targeted effort to get more people signed up for health insurance under the Affordable Healthcare Act.
“Forty-five percent of all the people who reside in this state live in an apartment. That’s a lot of people,” said Tom Simplot, the organization’s president and CEO.
The AMA has partnered with Blue Cross Blue Shield and will kick off an aggressive marketing campaign to education residents of apartment communities across the county.
“They’ve always said the actuarial numbers depend upon the younger generations and healthy individuals to buy insurance to offset those who are sick,” said Simplot. “So, where do you go? Do you go to the hospitals to sign people up or do you go where they live?”
New and existing residents will receive educational materials, informative literature will be disseminated throughout communities and residents will have access to an exchange portal on the AMA website starting March 6, along with a toll-free number for expert assistance.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food