If you live in the Valley, you likely know someone who goes to work everyday in the friendly confines of their own home.
According to Forbes, Scottsdale, Ariz., has one of the highest percentages in the nation of people with home offices.
Scottdale is tied with Boca Raton, Fla, for the 13th-highest rate in the country for residents who work from home — both coming in at 9.8 percent of the population.
So which cities boast the highest percentages of people who have no commutes to work?
Jacksonville, N.C., has 13.8 percent of its population that works from home, while Johns Creek, Ga., and Boulder, Colo., follow up at 13.1 and 11.6 percent, respectively.
California has two cities that cracked the top five in Forbes’ list: Encinitas and Berkeley, which have 10.7 and 10.6 percent, respectively, of residents work from home.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments