PHOENIX — An early-morning crime has left a central Phoenix neighborhood feeling uneasy Thursday after four suspects forced a man to drive from ATM to ATM to get them cash.
Police said the suspects, some of whom were armed, followed a 25-year-old man to his home near Glendale and 11th avenues around 3 a.m. Once there, they took the man at gunpoint and drove to several banks trying to take out cash from ATMs.
Phoenix Police Sergeant Tommy Thompson said the group eventually returned to the home, where the men tied up the victim and his brother, 22, before ransacking the home. The brothers suffered minor injuries.
Some of the suspects drove off in the brothers’ cars, one a silver Mercedes with the Arizona license plate 695 PWZ, the other a gold Lexus Arizona license plate BAG7184.
Police don’t know how much, if any, money the suspects managed to get.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon