PHOENIX — People living in low-income areas of Phoenix and Tempe will soon be getting more fresh produce and vegetables.
A retrofitted Valley Metro bus is set to begin making the rounds and delivering the food to people in areas that lack big supermarkets like Fry’s, Albertson’s or Basha’s.
The bus is called “The Fresh Express by Discovery Triangle.”
“Fresh Express is a mobile bus that’s going to travel to neighborhoods, schools, and senior centers, and sell fresh fruits and vegetables at a very affordable price,” said Sarah Dial of the Discovery Triangle Development Corporation.
Dial says the bus should really help families in one part of town.
“Essentially, it’s downtown Phoenix to downtown Tempe, and all of the area in between,” Dial said. The Fresh Express program is collaboration between Valley Metro, Discovery Triangle, Chase Bank and other companies.
The bus will start its Tuesday and Thursday runs by stopping at four schools in Phoenix’s Balsz School District late this month.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them