PHOENIX — Construction is nearing completion on the new $161 million, six-story addition to Banner Estrella Medical Center at 91st Avenue and Thomas road.
The tower will increase the number of beds at the hospital from 214 to 392.
Banner Estrella CEO Deb Krmpotic says the new addition will have a lot to offer.
“The first floor is going to be fully dedicated to women/ infant services… So, OB,” said Krmpotic.
“We delivered 4,129 babies last year, and with the new addition, we hope to deliver over 6,000 babies.”
The second floor is for diagnostics, while floors three through six will be for general medical and surgery patients.
Krmpotic’s favorite thing is that the new addition has lots of windows, which will add much-needed light to the first floor.
“That will be able to promote newborns into getting their biological clock established really young,” she said. “We’re excited about the use of light in this building.”
The new addition will open in stages starting next week.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon