PHOENIX — Construction is nearing completion on the new $161 million, six-story addition to Banner Estrella Medical Center at 91st Avenue and Thomas road.
The tower will increase the number of beds at the hospital from 214 to 392.
Banner Estrella CEO Deb Krmpotic says the new addition will have a lot to offer.
“The first floor is going to be fully dedicated to women/ infant services… So, OB,” said Krmpotic.
“We delivered 4,129 babies last year, and with the new addition, we hope to deliver over 6,000 babies.”
The second floor is for diagnostics, while floors three through six will be for general medical and surgery patients.
Krmpotic’s favorite thing is that the new addition has lots of windows, which will add much-needed light to the first floor.
“That will be able to promote newborns into getting their biological clock established really young,” she said. “We’re excited about the use of light in this building.”
The new addition will open in stages starting next week.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains