PHOENIX — Construction is nearing completion on the new $161 million, six-story addition to Banner Estrella Medical Center at 91st Avenue and Thomas road.
The tower will increase the number of beds at the hospital from 214 to 392.
Banner Estrella CEO Deb Krmpotic says the new addition will have a lot to offer.
“The first floor is going to be fully dedicated to women/ infant services… So, OB,” said Krmpotic.
“We delivered 4,129 babies last year, and with the new addition, we hope to deliver over 6,000 babies.”
The second floor is for diagnostics, while floors three through six will be for general medical and surgery patients.
Krmpotic’s favorite thing is that the new addition has lots of windows, which will add much-needed light to the first floor.
“That will be able to promote newborns into getting their biological clock established really young,” she said. “We’re excited about the use of light in this building.”
The new addition will open in stages starting next week.
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees