A decision on Arizona’s controversial bill that would allow businesses to deny services to gays and others based on religious beliefs may be known by Wednesday night.
Jan Brewer is set to make a statement at 5:45 p.m.
The bill is an update of the state’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act, which has been in place since 1999. Many states have these laws, and Arizona’s mirrors a similar federal law of the same name, which was adopted in 1993.
NBC News reported Tuesday Brewer is likely to veto the measure.
After Brewer returned from Washington at the National Governors Association she tweeted she would take a look at the bill and “I assure you, as always, I will do the right thing for the State of Arizona. #SB1062.”
She has until Saturday to make a decision.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon