PHOENIX — A former Arizona governor feels Jan Brewer will do the “right thing” when it comes to the controversial bill that would allow businesses to cite religious reasons for refusing services to gays and others.
“Brewer’s deliberative process is the hallmark of her leadership,” Fife Symington said in a release. “From righting the fiscal ship to restoring the will of the voters to protecting the most vulnerable, her leadership has proven time and again to yield thoughtful and positive results. I know that she’ll do the right thing for the State of Arizona.”
Symington called Arizona’s current predicament “ironic,” as the years-long battle to approve Martin Luther King, Jr. Day as a state-recognized holiday came to a close during his time in office.
Brewer has until the close of business Saturday to sign or veto the bill.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon