PHOENIX — Thieves broke into the Arizona Humane Society offices overnight and made off with about $200 from the donation box.
No humans or animals were injured, a spokeswoman said Wednesday morning.
Employees arrived at the offices near Dunlap and 13th avenues to find the the glass of the front door in pieces. Once inside they saw the donation box had been emptied of cash, between $150-$200.
“It’s just really heartbreaking,” said Ashliegh Goebel, who works in the office. She said cash donations were used to pay for emergency animal medical technicians, hospital treatments and seeing to homeless animals.
Phoenix police are hoping surveillance video in the area can be of help catching the guilty party or parties.
Donations can be made online or by calling 602-997-7586.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon