PHOENIX — Thieves broke into the Arizona Humane Society offices overnight and made off with about $200 from the donation box.
No humans or animals were injured, a spokeswoman said Wednesday morning.
Employees arrived at the offices near Dunlap and 13th avenues to find the the glass of the front door in pieces. Once inside they saw the donation box had been emptied of cash, between $150-$200.
“It’s just really heartbreaking,” said Ashliegh Goebel, who works in the office. She said cash donations were used to pay for emergency animal medical technicians, hospital treatments and seeing to homeless animals.
Phoenix police are hoping surveillance video in the area can be of help catching the guilty party or parties.
Donations can be made online or by calling 602-997-7586.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas