PHOENIX — Thieves broke into the Arizona Humane Society offices overnight and made off with about $200 from the donation box.
No humans or animals were injured, a spokeswoman said Wednesday morning.
Employees arrived at the offices near Dunlap and 13th avenues to find the the glass of the front door in pieces. Once inside they saw the donation box had been emptied of cash, between $150-$200.
“It’s just really heartbreaking,” said Ashliegh Goebel, who works in the office. She said cash donations were used to pay for emergency animal medical technicians, hospital treatments and seeing to homeless animals.
Phoenix police are hoping surveillance video in the area can be of help catching the guilty party or parties.
Donations can be made online or by calling 602-997-7586.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night