PHOENIX — As more public figures continue to come out in support or opposition of Senate Bill 1062, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is being as tight-lipped on the issue as Gov. Jan Brewer herself.
On Tuesday morning, Arpaio was spotted walking near the front lawn of the State Capitol building just minutes before a group of Latino activists gathered to show their opposition and to urge Brewer to veto the highly controversial bill.
When asked about the issue, Arpaio would not say what his thoughts are.
“I have no opinion right now, I haven’t studied it,” he said. “If I was running for governor or if I was governor I would face it.”
Arpaio even down played the kind of influence his opinion would have on the matter.
“I’m an influence to the governor? I’m a lone ranger, I’m the sheriff,” he said.
Arpaio hinted once again at rumors circulating about a possible campaign for the governorship and how he would enjoy tackling issues such as SB 1062.
“It would be exciting, because I love challenges,” he said. “I wish I was the governor right now. It’d be a great challenge.”
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development