PHOENIX — As more public figures continue to come out in support or opposition of Senate Bill 1062, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is being as tight-lipped on the issue as Gov. Jan Brewer herself.
On Tuesday morning, Arpaio was spotted walking near the front lawn of the State Capitol building just minutes before a group of Latino activists gathered to show their opposition and to urge Brewer to veto the highly controversial bill.
When asked about the issue, Arpaio would not say what his thoughts are.
“I have no opinion right now, I haven’t studied it,” he said. “If I was running for governor or if I was governor I would face it.”
Arpaio even down played the kind of influence his opinion would have on the matter.
“I’m an influence to the governor? I’m a lone ranger, I’m the sheriff,” he said.
Arpaio hinted once again at rumors circulating about a possible campaign for the governorship and how he would enjoy tackling issues such as SB 1062.
“It would be exciting, because I love challenges,” he said. “I wish I was the governor right now. It’d be a great challenge.”
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets