PHOENIX — While the masses continue to voice opposition to the controversial piece of legislation critics have dubbed “Arizona’s anti-gay bill,” there are others who support Senate Bill 1062.
“I’m not a lawyer, there’s a lot of legalese that I don’t understand, but the parts I do, I agree with quite frankly,” said Doug Henderson, owner of Henderson Family Farm in Casa Grande. “There are certain lifestyles that are wrong. it doesn’t mean I hate the person, I just don’t agree with their lifestyle.”
If signed into law, SB 1062 would allow Arizona businesses to deny services to gays and others based on religious beliefs. Henderson sees no problem with that.
“For me, to be subjected to a lawsuit because I won’t serve on them, is wrong,” he said.
Henderson isn’t alone in backing the bill. Sen. Al Melvin made an appearance on CNN Monday night to defend the bill and the Arizona Catholic Conference is encouraging followers to contact Gov. Jan Brewer to ask her to sign the bill into law. She has until Saturday to decide.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development