PHOENIX — While the masses continue to voice opposition to the controversial piece of legislation critics have dubbed “Arizona’s anti-gay bill,” there are others who support Senate Bill 1062.
“I’m not a lawyer, there’s a lot of legalese that I don’t understand, but the parts I do, I agree with quite frankly,” said Doug Henderson, owner of Henderson Family Farm in Casa Grande. “There are certain lifestyles that are wrong. it doesn’t mean I hate the person, I just don’t agree with their lifestyle.”
If signed into law, SB 1062 would allow Arizona businesses to deny services to gays and others based on religious beliefs. Henderson sees no problem with that.
“For me, to be subjected to a lawsuit because I won’t serve on them, is wrong,” he said.
Henderson isn’t alone in backing the bill. Sen. Al Melvin made an appearance on CNN Monday night to defend the bill and the Arizona Catholic Conference is encouraging followers to contact Gov. Jan Brewer to ask her to sign the bill into law. She has until Saturday to decide.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths