PHOENIX — A Valley entrepreneur is on the verge of taking a big leap, but he needs your help.
You may have seen the Go Daddy Super Bowl commercial that featured five entrepreneurs, all striving to succeed. One of them, Gwen, announced to the world that she quit her job to pursue puppets.
Scottsdale resident Kyle Mauch is hoping to win the “Big Leap” contest, which would put $40,000 toward his dreams.
“They told us we were going to pitch our business to a Go Daddy rep, and it turned out that the Go Daddy rep was Danica Patrick,” Mauch said.
But it’s how he had to pitch his company, Athletes Brand, that he’ll be talking about for the rest of his life.
“We got in the car with Danica and we had four laps to pitch our small business,” Mauch said.
The experience must have been stressful for Mauch, as he tried to keep the short amount of time he had focused on business.
“Honestly, I don’t remember anything about the drive,” Mauch said. “I don’t even remember looking out the window, and it’s funny, too, because riding in a NASCAR with a NASCAR driver is one of the top three things on my bucket list.”
Mauch said Patrick seemed impressed with his pitch, but he still needs votes at GoDaddy.com.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.