PHOENIX — A Scottsdale, Ariz., restaurant owner is showing his disapproval for recent legislation by offering free meals Sunday.
Dino Coppi of Foosia said the offer is “in honor” of newly passed legislation.
“We want to let all Arizonans know we love them no matter who are, what they do and what they stand for,” he said. “We want them to come in and enjoy our food and enjoy the company.”
Coppi said he is opposed to Senate Bill 1062, which would allow a business owner to deny service to someone based on the owner’s religious beliefs. Supporters drafted the bill after a New Mexico photographer was sued by a same-sex couple for refusing to shoot their wedding.
Opponents, like Coppi, thinks it’s discriminatory and hurts Arizona’s image.
“Let the rest of the country know, the rest of the state know and legislators know that we don’t support that kind of legislation and we just want to be more (of a) community,” he added.
Foosia, an Asian restaurant, will offer a free bowl to anyone from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 23. It is located at 13610 N. Scottsdale Rd.
Patrons are also encouraged to make donations when they stop in.
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains