PHOENIX — A Scottsdale, Ariz., restaurant owner is showing his disapproval for recent legislation by offering free meals Sunday.
Dino Coppi of Foosia said the offer is “in honor” of newly passed legislation.
“We want to let all Arizonans know we love them no matter who are, what they do and what they stand for,” he said. “We want them to come in and enjoy our food and enjoy the company.”
Coppi said he is opposed to Senate Bill 1062, which would allow a business owner to deny service to someone based on the owner’s religious beliefs. Supporters drafted the bill after a New Mexico photographer was sued by a same-sex couple for refusing to shoot their wedding.
Opponents, like Coppi, thinks it’s discriminatory and hurts Arizona’s image.
“Let the rest of the country know, the rest of the state know and legislators know that we don’t support that kind of legislation and we just want to be more (of a) community,” he added.
Foosia, an Asian restaurant, will offer a free bowl to anyone from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 23. It is located at 13610 N. Scottsdale Rd.
Patrons are also encouraged to make donations when they stop in.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development