PHOENIX — A Scottsdale, Ariz., restaurant owner is showing his disapproval for recent legislation by offering free meals Sunday.
Dino Coppi of Foosia said the offer is “in honor” of newly passed legislation.
“We want to let all Arizonans know we love them no matter who are, what they do and what they stand for,” he said. “We want them to come in and enjoy our food and enjoy the company.”
Coppi said he is opposed to Senate Bill 1062, which would allow a business owner to deny service to someone based on the owner’s religious beliefs. Supporters drafted the bill after a New Mexico photographer was sued by a same-sex couple for refusing to shoot their wedding.
Opponents, like Coppi, thinks it’s discriminatory and hurts Arizona’s image.
“Let the rest of the country know, the rest of the state know and legislators know that we don’t support that kind of legislation and we just want to be more (of a) community,” he added.
Foosia, an Asian restaurant, will offer a free bowl to anyone from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 23. It is located at 13610 N. Scottsdale Rd.
Patrons are also encouraged to make donations when they stop in.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.