PHOENIX — A Scottsdale, Ariz., restaurant owner is showing his disapproval for recent legislation by offering free meals Sunday.
Dino Coppi of Foosia said the offer is “in honor” of newly passed legislation.
“We want to let all Arizonans know we love them no matter who are, what they do and what they stand for,” he said. “We want them to come in and enjoy our food and enjoy the company.”
Coppi said he is opposed to Senate Bill 1062, which would allow a business owner to deny service to someone based on the owner’s religious beliefs. Supporters drafted the bill after a New Mexico photographer was sued by a same-sex couple for refusing to shoot their wedding.
Opponents, like Coppi, thinks it’s discriminatory and hurts Arizona’s image.
“Let the rest of the country know, the rest of the state know and legislators know that we don’t support that kind of legislation and we just want to be more (of a) community,” he added.
Foosia, an Asian restaurant, will offer a free bowl to anyone from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 23. It is located at 13610 N. Scottsdale Rd.
Patrons are also encouraged to make donations when they stop in.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food