PHOENIX — Women with cancer shouldn’t have to worry about anything but beating the disease, especially not cleaning.
Dallas-based Cleaning For a Reason is a nonprofit that strives to make a difference, one home at a time, by providing free, professional housecleaning services to women undergoing treatment for cancer. Various cleaning services have partnered with the nonprofit and volunteer their time and money to give back.
“Just a little bit of assistance goes a long way,” said Alan Walstad, owner of Maid Brigade in Phoenix. “We just want to make a small contribution to make a difference in people’s lives.”
Personally impacted by this deadly disease, Walstad said Cleaning for a Reason was a great fit for his company.
Currently, there are over two dozen participating cleaning services in Arizona. If you would like to register or would like to apply for cleaning service, visit Cleaning For a Reason.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas