PHOENIX — Women with cancer shouldn’t have to worry about anything but beating the disease, especially not cleaning.
Dallas-based Cleaning For a Reason is a nonprofit that strives to make a difference, one home at a time, by providing free, professional housecleaning services to women undergoing treatment for cancer. Various cleaning services have partnered with the nonprofit and volunteer their time and money to give back.
“Just a little bit of assistance goes a long way,” said Alan Walstad, owner of Maid Brigade in Phoenix. “We just want to make a small contribution to make a difference in people’s lives.”
Personally impacted by this deadly disease, Walstad said Cleaning for a Reason was a great fit for his company.
Currently, there are over two dozen participating cleaning services in Arizona. If you would like to register or would like to apply for cleaning service, visit Cleaning For a Reason.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them