PHOENIX — Travelers hoping for that pre-flight drink needn’t worry: Alcohol sales have resumed in Terminal 2 at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
A city spokesperson said in a Friday email that a temporary area for alcohol sales has been established in Terminal 2 until new vendors can be found. Seating is available in the area.
Alcohol sales were temporarily suspended in the terminal after a contract the city had with a food and beverage concessions operator expired and the company chose not to renew it.
As a result of the cancellation, the city is accepting proposals to fill the three empty spaces and expects to have them filled sooner than June 15.
The new vendors will be required to offer jobs to employees of the three restaurants that are closing and keep them on for at least 90 days.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon