PHOENIX — Travelers hoping for that pre-flight drink needn’t worry: Alcohol sales have resumed in Terminal 2 at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
A city spokesperson said in a Friday email that a temporary area for alcohol sales has been established in Terminal 2 until new vendors can be found. Seating is available in the area.
Alcohol sales were temporarily suspended in the terminal after a contract the city had with a food and beverage concessions operator expired and the company chose not to renew it.
As a result of the cancellation, the city is accepting proposals to fill the three empty spaces and expects to have them filled sooner than June 15.
The new vendors will be required to offer jobs to employees of the three restaurants that are closing and keep them on for at least 90 days.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments