PHOENIX — The Phoenix Suns are one of the biggest surprises in the NBA this season.
Because of that, they’ve drawn a lot of buzz around the Valley. Team president Jason Rowley said the Suns have had a 16 percent increase in attendance over the last 10 games compared to earlier in the season.
“Our guys are just so exciting to watch. People who have come out to games, want to come back,” he said. “You’re seeing that repeat business coming back into the arena, which is great for the team.”
Rowley added that the Suns also have the fourth-biggest increase in TV ratings from last season to this season. They trail only the Indian Pacers, Portland Trailblazers and the New Orleans Pelicans.
Going into Friday’s game against San Antonio, the Suns are 32-21 and are sixth in the Western Conference. Most experts predicted the team to finish last in the West.
“Everybody likes an underdog story,” Rowley said. “Even though we thought we were going to be better than most people gave us credit for at the beginning of the season, I think everyone would agree that this team has come together in a very, very special way.”
The team hopes to continue the momentum with their game on Sunday, when the team will recognize the 20th anniversary of the spectacular Kevin Johnson dunk over Hakeem Olajuwon with the Houston Rockets. Kevin Johnson will be on hand at the game to speak at halftime, and the team will give away a limited number of posters, some of which will be signed by KJ himself.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development