PHOENIX — The Phoenix Suns are one of the biggest surprises in the NBA this season.
Because of that, they’ve drawn a lot of buzz around the Valley. Team president Jason Rowley said the Suns have had a 16 percent increase in attendance over the last 10 games compared to earlier in the season.
“Our guys are just so exciting to watch. People who have come out to games, want to come back,” he said. “You’re seeing that repeat business coming back into the arena, which is great for the team.”
Rowley added that the Suns also have the fourth-biggest increase in TV ratings from last season to this season. They trail only the Indian Pacers, Portland Trailblazers and the New Orleans Pelicans.
Going into Friday’s game against San Antonio, the Suns are 32-21 and are sixth in the Western Conference. Most experts predicted the team to finish last in the West.
“Everybody likes an underdog story,” Rowley said. “Even though we thought we were going to be better than most people gave us credit for at the beginning of the season, I think everyone would agree that this team has come together in a very, very special way.”
The team hopes to continue the momentum with their game on Sunday, when the team will recognize the 20th anniversary of the spectacular Kevin Johnson dunk over Hakeem Olajuwon with the Houston Rockets. Kevin Johnson will be on hand at the game to speak at halftime, and the team will give away a limited number of posters, some of which will be signed by KJ himself.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas