PHOENIX — An Arizona Child Protective Services employee was fired Friday after being arrested for attempted possession of narcotics.
Leyla Sadikovic, 35, was arrested Thursday after Phoenix Police received a tip that she was “soliciting a client for the purpose of obtaining narcotic drugs,” according to a police department press release.
At 6 p.m. Thursday, Sadikovic arrived in government-issues vehicle and purchased $200 worth of imitation heroin from undercover detectives. She was then arrested and questioned.
During her interview, Sadikovic told detectives that “she was engaged in the conduct as part of her duties with CPS and investigating her clients.”
CPS’ internal affairs division cooperated with police in their investigation.
A Division of Child Safety and Family Services spokeswoman says Sadikovic was
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick