PHOENIX — Taking a vacation can be a great experience, but getting stuck on a tour and visiting uninteresting sights is not, and that’s why Triple-A Arizona has come up with a new type of vacationing experience: Niche traveling.
“We’ve seen that people really want to make sure that they’re getting the most out of their vacations, so they’re looking for a really unique opportunity,” Amy Moreno, senior product manager for travel at Triple-A Arizona said.
Moreno said they’ve created a new travel program called Travel Experiences, which are theme-focused trips aimed at giving vacationers a specialized travel opportunity.
“(These are) different types of trips, like food and wine, [that] we have off the beaten path for active lifestyle people,” Moreno said. “We’ve got spa and wellness, and we even have trips just for ladies called Today’s Traveling Women,” Moreno said.
The themes will tailor the focus of the trip, such as where a traveler will go and the things they will see and do. For example, a food and wine trip may include spending time in Italy, France or California visiting wineries and specialty restaurants.
Moreno said Triple-A can uniquely tailor the trips for people, based on how long they want to travel for or what specific things they would like to do.
She added that in the near future, Triple-A will be introducing more theme trips, such as golf getaways and luxury escapes.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food