PHOENIX — Taking a vacation can be a great experience, but getting stuck on a tour and visiting uninteresting sights is not, and that’s why Triple-A Arizona has come up with a new type of vacationing experience: Niche traveling.
“We’ve seen that people really want to make sure that they’re getting the most out of their vacations, so they’re looking for a really unique opportunity,” Amy Moreno, senior product manager for travel at Triple-A Arizona said.
Moreno said they’ve created a new travel program called Travel Experiences, which are theme-focused trips aimed at giving vacationers a specialized travel opportunity.
“(These are) different types of trips, like food and wine, [that] we have off the beaten path for active lifestyle people,” Moreno said. “We’ve got spa and wellness, and we even have trips just for ladies called Today’s Traveling Women,” Moreno said.
The themes will tailor the focus of the trip, such as where a traveler will go and the things they will see and do. For example, a food and wine trip may include spending time in Italy, France or California visiting wineries and specialty restaurants.
Moreno said Triple-A can uniquely tailor the trips for people, based on how long they want to travel for or what specific things they would like to do.
She added that in the near future, Triple-A will be introducing more theme trips, such as golf getaways and luxury escapes.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain