PHOENIX — Taking a vacation can be a great experience, but getting stuck on a tour and visiting uninteresting sights is not, and that’s why Triple-A Arizona has come up with a new type of vacationing experience: Niche traveling.
“We’ve seen that people really want to make sure that they’re getting the most out of their vacations, so they’re looking for a really unique opportunity,” Amy Moreno, senior product manager for travel at Triple-A Arizona said.
Moreno said they’ve created a new travel program called Travel Experiences, which are theme-focused trips aimed at giving vacationers a specialized travel opportunity.
“(These are) different types of trips, like food and wine, [that] we have off the beaten path for active lifestyle people,” Moreno said. “We’ve got spa and wellness, and we even have trips just for ladies called Today’s Traveling Women,” Moreno said.
The themes will tailor the focus of the trip, such as where a traveler will go and the things they will see and do. For example, a food and wine trip may include spending time in Italy, France or California visiting wineries and specialty restaurants.
Moreno said Triple-A can uniquely tailor the trips for people, based on how long they want to travel for or what specific things they would like to do.
She added that in the near future, Triple-A will be introducing more theme trips, such as golf getaways and luxury escapes.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development