PHOENIX — Taking a vacation can be a great experience, but getting stuck on a tour and visiting uninteresting sights is not, and that’s why Triple-A Arizona has come up with a new type of vacationing experience: Niche traveling.
“We’ve seen that people really want to make sure that they’re getting the most out of their vacations, so they’re looking for a really unique opportunity,” Amy Moreno, senior product manager for travel at Triple-A Arizona said.
Moreno said they’ve created a new travel program called Travel Experiences, which are theme-focused trips aimed at giving vacationers a specialized travel opportunity.
“(These are) different types of trips, like food and wine, [that] we have off the beaten path for active lifestyle people,” Moreno said. “We’ve got spa and wellness, and we even have trips just for ladies called Today’s Traveling Women,” Moreno said.
The themes will tailor the focus of the trip, such as where a traveler will go and the things they will see and do. For example, a food and wine trip may include spending time in Italy, France or California visiting wineries and specialty restaurants.
Moreno said Triple-A can uniquely tailor the trips for people, based on how long they want to travel for or what specific things they would like to do.
She added that in the near future, Triple-A will be introducing more theme trips, such as golf getaways and luxury escapes.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas