PHOENIX — A U.S. congressman announced Thursday that the Yarnell fire district will receive a grant from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
Congressman Paul Gosar represents Arizona’s 4th district, which includes Yarnell, and he strongly advocated for a grant from FEMA.
The grant means the Yarnell fire district will receive resources from the Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) program, the congressman said in a press release.
“Although we’re still mourning the terrible losses suffered during the tragic Yarnell Hill Fire, our community must rebuild. This rebuilding process necessitates recruiting and hiring firefighters who will shoulder this particularly dangerous form of public service and the SAFER Grant program assists in these efforts,” Gosar said.
Ben Palm, chief of the Yarnell fire district, expressed his appreciate to both the congressman and the SAFER Grant Committee, adding that the award “will be used to add personnel and equipment to better support the community of Yarnell and the surrounding areas.”
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development