PHOENIX — A U.S. congressman announced Thursday that the Yarnell fire district will receive a grant from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
Congressman Paul Gosar represents Arizona’s 4th district, which includes Yarnell, and he strongly advocated for a grant from FEMA.
The grant means the Yarnell fire district will receive resources from the Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) program, the congressman said in a press release.
“Although we’re still mourning the terrible losses suffered during the tragic Yarnell Hill Fire, our community must rebuild. This rebuilding process necessitates recruiting and hiring firefighters who will shoulder this particularly dangerous form of public service and the SAFER Grant program assists in these efforts,” Gosar said.
Ben Palm, chief of the Yarnell fire district, expressed his appreciate to both the congressman and the SAFER Grant Committee, adding that the award “will be used to add personnel and equipment to better support the community of Yarnell and the surrounding areas.”
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas