PHOENIX — The Phoenix Police Department is seeking the public’s help regarding three possibly related kidnapping attempts of three underage girls.
The first one occurred on Feb. 6 near near 1800 N. 38th Avenue.
At approximately 8:45 p.m., a 14-year-old female was near her residence when she was forced into dark brown vehicle with four doors and dark tinted windows. The car resembled a Ford Taurus. The victim was released a short distance later, unharmed, for an unknown reason.
The second attempted kidnapping occurred on Feb. 18 near 28th Avenue and Grenada Road.
An 11-year-old female was also standing at her residence at approximately 4 p.m., when she was also forced to enter a vehicle. The vehicle was a dark green, older minvan with dark windows, scratches on the hood and a sticker on the rear window, authorities said. The van also had white numbers 1-10 and 1-20 on both sides, some of which may have been marked over. She was found uninjured, also.
The third attempted kidnapping occurred on Feb. 20 near 30th Avenue and Palm Lane.
An 11-year-old female was riding her bike on 31st Avenue when a white van with yellow lettering on the doors stopped in front of her. The child rode her bike to a friend’s house and was followed by the van. A family friend attempted to approach the vehicle before the driver sped off.
Two men were in the vehicle. Both are described as being Hispanic males.
Authorities said that while the three vehicle descriptions did not match, there were enough similarities in each girl’s descriptions to possibly result in only one perpetrator.
Both suspect sketches revealed a Hispanic male, between 30 and 40 years old, with a medium build. His hair is short and black, but with some possible gray. He also has a pierced nose and tattoo of snake on his right arm. He speaks both English and Spanish.
Detectives are asking anyone with information to please contact the Phoenix Police Department’s Violent Crimes Bureau at (602) 262-6141 or Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS, if they wish to remain anonymous.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier