PHOENIX — The Phoenix Police Department is seeking the public’s help regarding three possibly related kidnapping attempts of three underage girls.
The first one occurred on Feb. 6 near near 1800 N. 38th Avenue.
At approximately 8:45 p.m., a 14-year-old female was near her residence when she was forced into dark brown vehicle with four doors and dark tinted windows. The car resembled a Ford Taurus. The victim was released a short distance later, unharmed, for an unknown reason.
The second attempted kidnapping occurred on Feb. 18 near 28th Avenue and Grenada Road.
An 11-year-old female was also standing at her residence at approximately 4 p.m., when she was also forced to enter a vehicle. The vehicle was a dark green, older minvan with dark windows, scratches on the hood and a sticker on the rear window, authorities said. The van also had white numbers 1-10 and 1-20 on both sides, some of which may have been marked over. She was found uninjured, also.
The third attempted kidnapping occurred on Feb. 20 near 30th Avenue and Palm Lane.
An 11-year-old female was riding her bike on 31st Avenue when a white van with yellow lettering on the doors stopped in front of her. The child rode her bike to a friend’s house and was followed by the van. A family friend attempted to approach the vehicle before the driver sped off.
Two men were in the vehicle. Both are described as being Hispanic males.
Authorities said that while the three vehicle descriptions did not match, there were enough similarities in each girl’s descriptions to possibly result in only one perpetrator.
Both suspect sketches revealed a Hispanic male, between 30 and 40 years old, with a medium build. His hair is short and black, but with some possible gray. He also has a pierced nose and tattoo of snake on his right arm. He speaks both English and Spanish.
Detectives are asking anyone with information to please contact the Phoenix Police Department’s Violent Crimes Bureau at (602) 262-6141 or Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS, if they wish to remain anonymous.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food