PHOENIX — The Fiesta Bowl Board of Directors has grown by four.
The Scottsdale-based group announced Thursday that Ray Artigue, Gonzalo de la Melena Jr., James Hatfield and Air Force Col. Bob Whitehouse had been elected to the nonprofit’s governing body.
“Their diverse talents will help the Fiesta Bowl at a critical time in our history, as we enter a new era in postseason college football,” board Chairman Brian Hall said in a statement.
The bowl lost its top executive, Robert Shelton, in January. Shelton resigned after two-plus years, but not before landing semifinal and championship college football games for the bowl under the new playoff format.
The bowl will host the 2016 championship game and a semifinal in 2017.
Artigue spent over a dozen years with the Phoenix Suns as a vice president of marketing communications while De la Melena is CEO of the Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. Hatfield is CFO of Pinnacle West, which oversees Arizona Public Service. Hatfield was also a football official in the Big 12 and Western Athletic conferences. Whitehouse is vice commander, 944th Fighter Wing, U.S. Air Force Reserve, Luke Air Force Base. He has worked with the Fiesta Bowl since 2008.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.