PHOENIX — The Fiesta Bowl Board of Directors has grown by four.
The Scottsdale-based group announced Thursday that Ray Artigue, Gonzalo de la Melena Jr., James Hatfield and Air Force Col. Bob Whitehouse had been elected to the nonprofit’s governing body.
“Their diverse talents will help the Fiesta Bowl at a critical time in our history, as we enter a new era in postseason college football,” board Chairman Brian Hall said in a statement.
The bowl lost its top executive, Robert Shelton, in January. Shelton resigned after two-plus years, but not before landing semifinal and championship college football games for the bowl under the new playoff format.
The bowl will host the 2016 championship game and a semifinal in 2017.
Artigue spent over a dozen years with the Phoenix Suns as a vice president of marketing communications while De la Melena is CEO of the Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. Hatfield is CFO of Pinnacle West, which oversees Arizona Public Service. Hatfield was also a football official in the Big 12 and Western Athletic conferences. Whitehouse is vice commander, 944th Fighter Wing, U.S. Air Force Reserve, Luke Air Force Base. He has worked with the Fiesta Bowl since 2008.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development