Students are coming from all over to show off their science projects in Chandler.
The three-day Chandler Science Spectacular gives kids a chance to display their projects and explain how they created them.
Chandler Vice Mayor Rick Heumann says the projects are amazing.
“It’s not the old days of making a volcano,” Heumann said. “These are kids that are developing things like cures for cancer and things way above when I was in school many, many years ago.”
One group is travelling all of the way from Bogota, Columbia for the festival.
“We’re really excited about their opportunity to see what’s going on in our city,” Heumann said. “It’s a great little international flavor for this event that is now in its third year.”
The event starts Thursday afternoon. It’s free, is open to the public, and takes place in various locations around Chandler.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier