Students are coming from all over to show off their science projects in Chandler.
The three-day Chandler Science Spectacular gives kids a chance to display their projects and explain how they created them.
Chandler Vice Mayor Rick Heumann says the projects are amazing.
“It’s not the old days of making a volcano,” Heumann said. “These are kids that are developing things like cures for cancer and things way above when I was in school many, many years ago.”
One group is travelling all of the way from Bogota, Columbia for the festival.
“We’re really excited about their opportunity to see what’s going on in our city,” Heumann said. “It’s a great little international flavor for this event that is now in its third year.”
The event starts Thursday afternoon. It’s free, is open to the public, and takes place in various locations around Chandler.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them