The James Beard foundation released its 2014 Restaurant and Chef Award Semifinalsts on Wednesday, and Arizona is well represented.
The state has six representatives on the list, including three for the best chef in the Southwest and one each for best new restaurant, outstanding restaurant and outstanding restaurateur.
Scottsdale’s Charleen Badman of FnB and Cave Creek’s Kevin Binkley of Binkley’s are two of 20 nominations for the Southwest’s best chef, and Silvana Salcido of Barrio Café in Phoenix is the state’s third semifinalist.
Phoenix’s Pizzeria Bianco is the state’s lone semifinalist in the outstanding restaurant category, while Sam Fox of Fox Restaurant Concepts is in the running for in the outstanding restaurateur category, which is nationwide.
Scottsdale’s Virtù is one of 30 semifinalists in the best new restaurant category, which is also a nationwide category.
The 2014 James Beard Awards will be held in New York on May 2 and 5. Finalists will be announced on March 19.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development