The James Beard foundation released its 2014 Restaurant and Chef Award Semifinalsts on Wednesday, and Arizona is well represented.
The state has six representatives on the list, including three for the best chef in the Southwest and one each for best new restaurant, outstanding restaurant and outstanding restaurateur.
Scottsdale’s Charleen Badman of FnB and Cave Creek’s Kevin Binkley of Binkley’s are two of 20 nominations for the Southwest’s best chef, and Silvana Salcido of Barrio Café in Phoenix is the state’s third semifinalist.
Phoenix’s Pizzeria Bianco is the state’s lone semifinalist in the outstanding restaurant category, while Sam Fox of Fox Restaurant Concepts is in the running for in the outstanding restaurateur category, which is nationwide.
Scottsdale’s Virtù is one of 30 semifinalists in the best new restaurant category, which is also a nationwide category.
The 2014 James Beard Awards will be held in New York on May 2 and 5. Finalists will be announced on March 19.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns