PHOENIX — The Oakland A’s will make a big “splash” when they come to Phoenix for the Cactus League later in February.
On Thursday, Feb. 27, the major league baseball team will donate $63,055 to Kool Kids, a program that provides free swimming at select city pools for kids ages 17 and under, according to a press release.
The Oakland team will play the Milwaukee Brewers as part of the 17th Annual ABC Charity Classic at the Phoenix Municipal Stadium. The A’s and Brewers alternate the game each spring training season, with the home team donating all proceeds — minus expenses — from the game, including concessions and ticket sales.
Tickets for the charity event are available online, by calling 1-877-493-2255 or visiting the Phoenix Municipal Stadium Box Office.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments