PHOENIX — The Phoenix Fire Department responded to a call about young female on top of a mountain Sunday afternoon who was suffering from heat exhaustion.
Fire crews arrived at Buffalo Ridge Park near 16th Street and Union Hills Drive and conducted a medical evaluation on the teenager upon reaching her.
The firefighters considered airlifting her off the peak, but they determined the safest method was to slowly walk her down the hill.
The girl was then re-evaluated by paramedics, and she and her parents refused any transportation to a hospital.
A Phoenix Fire spokesperson said the mountain she climbed was not a designated hiking trail. The department recommends using only designated trails. You can find hiking safety tips at Phoenix.gov/Fire.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food