PHOENIX — Tempe native Mike Cirillo first picked up the violin when he was 4 and was schooled in the Suzuki method.
By age 12, he was touring the country with a jazz ensemble, and by 14, he was teaching others. In 1990, he won a state fiddling championship at the age of 19.
Cirillo went on to receive two bachelor’s degrees and a master’s from Arizona State University, and he has been playing professionally all around the world ever since.
Cirillo will host a free fiddling clinic on Monday, Feb. 17, at The Music Store (2630 W. Baseline Road, Mesa) for everyone from beginners to more experienced fiddlers.
Becky Lynn and Bob McClay invited the Mike Cirillo three-piece ensemble into the studio Saturday for a live appearance on Arizona’s Morning News Weekend on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR. Click here to watch the in-studio performance.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development