PHOENIX — Tempe native Mike Cirillo first picked up the violin when he was 4 and was schooled in the Suzuki method.
By age 12, he was touring the country with a jazz ensemble, and by 14, he was teaching others. In 1990, he won a state fiddling championship at the age of 19.
Cirillo went on to receive two bachelor’s degrees and a master’s from Arizona State University, and he has been playing professionally all around the world ever since.
Cirillo will host a free fiddling clinic on Monday, Feb. 17, at The Music Store (2630 W. Baseline Road, Mesa) for everyone from beginners to more experienced fiddlers.
Becky Lynn and Bob McClay invited the Mike Cirillo three-piece ensemble into the studio Saturday for a live appearance on Arizona’s Morning News Weekend on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR. Click here to watch the in-studio performance.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America