PHOENIX — Tempe native Mike Cirillo first picked up the violin when he was 4 and was schooled in the Suzuki method.
By age 12, he was touring the country with a jazz ensemble, and by 14, he was teaching others. In 1990, he won a state fiddling championship at the age of 19.
Cirillo went on to receive two bachelor’s degrees and a master’s from Arizona State University, and he has been playing professionally all around the world ever since.
Cirillo will host a free fiddling clinic on Monday, Feb. 17, at The Music Store (2630 W. Baseline Road, Mesa) for everyone from beginners to more experienced fiddlers.
Becky Lynn and Bob McClay invited the Mike Cirillo three-piece ensemble into the studio Saturday for a live appearance on Arizona’s Morning News Weekend on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR. Click here to watch the in-studio performance.
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes