PHOENIX — Tempe native Mike Cirillo first picked up the violin when he was 4 and was schooled in the Suzuki method.
By age 12, he was touring the country with a jazz ensemble, and by 14, he was teaching others. In 1990, he won a state fiddling championship at the age of 19.
Cirillo went on to receive two bachelor’s degrees and a master’s from Arizona State University, and he has been playing professionally all around the world ever since.
Cirillo will host a free fiddling clinic on Monday, Feb. 17, at The Music Store (2630 W. Baseline Road, Mesa) for everyone from beginners to more experienced fiddlers.
Becky Lynn and Bob McClay invited the Mike Cirillo three-piece ensemble into the studio Saturday for a live appearance on Arizona’s Morning News Weekend on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR. Click here to watch the in-studio performance.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy