PHOENIX — Tempe native Mike Cirillo first picked up the violin when he was 4 and was schooled in the Suzuki method.
By age 12, he was touring the country with a jazz ensemble, and by 14, he was teaching others. In 1990, he won a state fiddling championship at the age of 19.
Cirillo went on to receive two bachelor’s degrees and a master’s from Arizona State University, and he has been playing professionally all around the world ever since.
Cirillo will host a free fiddling clinic on Monday, Feb. 17, at The Music Store (2630 W. Baseline Road, Mesa) for everyone from beginners to more experienced fiddlers.
Becky Lynn and Bob McClay invited the Mike Cirillo three-piece ensemble into the studio Saturday for a live appearance on Arizona’s Morning News Weekend on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR. Click here to watch the in-studio performance.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments