PHOENIX — Couples in need of something romantic and last-minute to do for Valentine Day’s might want to think about getting their vows renewed.
Sami Fine Jewelry in Fountain Hills is holding its second annual vow renewal ceremony at Fountain Hills Park on Friday at 4 p.m.
Stephenie Bjorkman, president of Sami Fine Jewelry, said 764 couples participated in the “Love in the Hills” event last year.
“I put it on because it’s just such a feel-good event, it makes people feel good,” she said. “I don’t think people realized until after they renewed their vows just how special of an event it was.”
Bjorkman said they hope to beat the record this year and need just over 1,000 couples to do so.
The event is free to participate and no formal paperwork is needed. Bjorkman said the ceremony will be completed all at once by Minister Larry James.
She said there will be prizes and giveaways at the event, and couples will receive a wedding vow renewal certificate afterward.
Some prominent sports and public figures have also signed on to renew their vows at the event.
“Steve Holden from the Cleveland Browns is going to be there…Mike Davis from the Raiders, J.T. Smith from the Cardinals and John Bronson from the Cardinals, they’re all going to come as a group and renew their vows,” Bjorkman said.
Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said he will be at the event with his wife Ava.
“It’s nice to join the — I hope — over a thousand people in Fountain Hills, my hometown,” Arpaio said. “I can see the park from my house and the fountain, so maybe when I do this, when I see the fountain every 15 minutes I can say, ‘Geez, this is where I renewed my vows.'”
Arpaio said this will be the first time he’s renewed his vows during his 57-year marriage.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them