PHOENIX — A bill that would allow some patients to try drugs that are not yet approved by the Food and Drug Administration is making its way through the Arizona House of Representatives.
The House Committee on Reform and Human Services voted 5-3 on Thursday to approve the so-called “Right to Try” measure that is supported by the Goldwater Institute.
“The bill would allow terminal patients the right to access experimental medications that have passed phase one of clinical trials,” said Christini Corieri, the Goldwater Institute’s healthcare policy advocate. “These are really only going to be made available to people who have a terminal illness and have no other options left. It’s a great way to let them try something that may help them to extend their life.”
The bill now goes to the House Rules Committee. If it’s approved there, it will then go to the full House for consideration.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development