GLENDALE, Ariz. — The city of Glendale is continuing its preparations for the Super Bowl, which comes to the Valley next year.
The city unveiled a new Convention and Visitors Bureau app for smartphones, called Glendale CVB on Thursday.
“Unlike 2008 when the city hosted the Super Bowl, this time around we have this technology at our fingertips,” said Glendale’s Webmaster Ginger Eiden.
She said the free app contains lots of information about what the city of Glendale and the surrounding area has to offer visitors.
“Once users download it to their phone, they will have one-touch access to the many amenities and members of the Glendale CVB, linking them right to their phone numbers and website as well as mapping technology,” she said.
The app also has push messages that can alert them to discounts that may be happening around the city.
She said the app will be a very useful tool to help people make the most out of their time in Arizona.
“It’s a way for us to give people ideas on things to do (or) how to get around,” Eiden said. “We do have some itinerary ideas in there for things you can do with your family, or maybe if you out here with just the guys or your girlfriends.”
As the Super Bowl nears, the app will also provide important event information.
“People will be able to touch buttons on the app that will get them things like parking information, links to any of the ticket stuff that they might need to know — Super Bowl specific information,” she said.
The app is available for free on both iPhone and Android platforms.
Beside the mobile app, the city also unveiled its official countdown clock to the Super Bowl.
“It is a countdown clock that displays, the days, minutes, hours and seconds until the day of the event,” Terry Williams, sales and service manager for the Glendale Convention and Visitors Bureau, said. “It will be here in the visitor’s center.”
The clock will run until Feb. 1, 2015 at 4:25 p.m., when the Super Bowl is scheduled to begin.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food