GLENDALE, Ariz. — The city of Glendale is continuing its preparations for the Super Bowl, which comes to the Valley next year.
The city unveiled a new Convention and Visitors Bureau app for smartphones, called Glendale CVB on Thursday.
“Unlike 2008 when the city hosted the Super Bowl, this time around we have this technology at our fingertips,” said Glendale’s Webmaster Ginger Eiden.
She said the free app contains lots of information about what the city of Glendale and the surrounding area has to offer visitors.
“Once users download it to their phone, they will have one-touch access to the many amenities and members of the Glendale CVB, linking them right to their phone numbers and website as well as mapping technology,” she said.
The app also has push messages that can alert them to discounts that may be happening around the city.
She said the app will be a very useful tool to help people make the most out of their time in Arizona.
“It’s a way for us to give people ideas on things to do (or) how to get around,” Eiden said. “We do have some itinerary ideas in there for things you can do with your family, or maybe if you out here with just the guys or your girlfriends.”
As the Super Bowl nears, the app will also provide important event information.
“People will be able to touch buttons on the app that will get them things like parking information, links to any of the ticket stuff that they might need to know — Super Bowl specific information,” she said.
The app is available for free on both iPhone and Android platforms.
Beside the mobile app, the city also unveiled its official countdown clock to the Super Bowl.
“It is a countdown clock that displays, the days, minutes, hours and seconds until the day of the event,” Terry Williams, sales and service manager for the Glendale Convention and Visitors Bureau, said. “It will be here in the visitor’s center.”
The clock will run until Feb. 1, 2015 at 4:25 p.m., when the Super Bowl is scheduled to begin.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl