PHOENIX — Authorities are searching for leads after copper wire was stolen from lights on an Interstate 17 on-ramp, the Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office said.
The unknown suspects took copper wiring from about 20 light poles on the east side of the on-ramp to southbound I-17 from State Route 69. The suspects allegedly opened the lid of a conduit box and then pulled the wires out.
The poles are about 200 feet apart.
The theft happened sometime between Feb. 6 and Feb. 8.
The total estimated loss is $13,888.35.
Anyone with information on the theft is asked to contact YCSO Det. Todd Swaim at (928) 554-8605 and reference case number 14-005117 or call Yavapai Silent Witness at (800) 932-3232.
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise