PHOENIX — Authorities are searching for leads after copper wire was stolen from lights on an Interstate 17 on-ramp, the Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office said.
The unknown suspects took copper wiring from about 20 light poles on the east side of the on-ramp to southbound I-17 from State Route 69. The suspects allegedly opened the lid of a conduit box and then pulled the wires out.
The poles are about 200 feet apart.
The theft happened sometime between Feb. 6 and Feb. 8.
The total estimated loss is $13,888.35.
Anyone with information on the theft is asked to contact YCSO Det. Todd Swaim at (928) 554-8605 and reference case number 14-005117 or call Yavapai Silent Witness at (800) 932-3232.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains