PHOENIX — Authorities are searching for leads after copper wire was stolen from lights on an Interstate 17 on-ramp, the Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office said.
The unknown suspects took copper wiring from about 20 light poles on the east side of the on-ramp to southbound I-17 from State Route 69. The suspects allegedly opened the lid of a conduit box and then pulled the wires out.
The poles are about 200 feet apart.
The theft happened sometime between Feb. 6 and Feb. 8.
The total estimated loss is $13,888.35.
Anyone with information on the theft is asked to contact YCSO Det. Todd Swaim at (928) 554-8605 and reference case number 14-005117 or call Yavapai Silent Witness at (800) 932-3232.
- Peak your palate with gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again