PHOENIX — Authorities are searching for leads after copper wire was stolen from lights on an Interstate 17 on-ramp, the Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office said.
The unknown suspects took copper wiring from about 20 light poles on the east side of the on-ramp to southbound I-17 from State Route 69. The suspects allegedly opened the lid of a conduit box and then pulled the wires out.
The poles are about 200 feet apart.
The theft happened sometime between Feb. 6 and Feb. 8.
The total estimated loss is $13,888.35.
Anyone with information on the theft is asked to contact YCSO Det. Todd Swaim at (928) 554-8605 and reference case number 14-005117 or call Yavapai Silent Witness at (800) 932-3232.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier